Angus is our Black Lab/Short-Haired Pointer Mix. We’ve had him for a few months and he’s kept life interesting. I grew up with small dogs, so having a large dog in my home has been a bit of an adjustment for me. Luckily for Angus, he’s so darn cute, I can’t help but love him.
In the few months that we’ve had Angus he has:
- Eaten all of our window screens on the back side of our house
- Eaten the wires that open & close our garage door
- Gained 40-some pounds
- Grown a lot of inches
- Escaped from our yard and been collected by animal control. Spent the night in doggy prison and was bailed out of jail the next morning by yours truly
- Hung out at the calf ranch
- Made himself king of our couch
- Learned to sit, stay (kind of), & shake
- De-rooted a newly planted 15-gallon tree from our backyard and proceeded to tear off all of the trees branches
- Shown us that he’s a weird dog by how much he loves to eat vegetables. (Have you ever met a dog who loves vegetables? Because I haven’t…until Angus.)
- Proven to be an extreme cuddler
Angus is a very big dog who thinks he is a very small dog. He tries to sit on our laps, and he’s over 50 pounds. We also joke that it’s a good thing he was free (we got him off of Craigslist for free) because he has proven to not be free. Between bailing him out of doggy jail, the de-rooted tree, broken garage door, window screens, etc. he’s so not free.
It’s been a while since you’ve seen Angus. I think that this post was the last that I’ve really talked about him much – and that’s when we first got him! So I felt that an Angus update was necessary. 😉