Happy Friday everyone! If you’re looking for a dinner recipe to add to your menu for this weekend, check this one out.
I came across this recipe on Pinterest and being a pasta lover, I decided that it was worth a shot. If you love pasta and you love pesto sauce, then I can safely tell you that you will not be disappointed by this recipe!
- 1lb fresh brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and any yellow or brown leaves removed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 4 chicken sausage links (I used sweet Italian and added some crushed red pepper in there to spice it up a bit), sliced into 1/4 inch thick coins
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup pesto
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together brussel sprouts, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Evenly distribute brussel sprouts on the foil. Roast for about 20 minutes. Stir once half way through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until nearly-browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the sausage is browned.
- Cook the pasta, al dente. (I began heating the water while I was preparing the brussel sprouts.) Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water. Toss pasta, pesto, cooked sausage and garlic, and brussel sprouts.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with freshly-grated Parmesan.