Prior to my fiance coming into my life, seafood was a rarity in my diet. Most of that is due to the fact that I, admittedly, have been a picky eater for most of my life. In addition to that, my brothers were particular on what they ate, and so we stuck with beef and chicken for the majority of our lives. But now, Phil is in my life. And Phil likes weird food like…sushi…and ceviche…and stuff. So, knowing this, I decided to start searching “strange recipes.”
Just kidding. I didn’t Google search those specific keywords, but I did seek to broaden my repertoire of dinner possibilities. I figured I would keep it low-key and try something fishy, so I picked out a salmon recipe. Let me just say, that it was pretty tasty if I do say so myself! It’s a perfect recipe for this time of year involving a grill & some fresh peaches.
Ingredients You’ll Need…
- 1 cup chopped peeled peach
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons small fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; add jalapeño, if desired. Sprinkle mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss gently. Sprinkle fillets evenly with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place the fillets on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning after 5 minutes. Serve with salsa. Enjoy!